Beijing confirms avian influenza detected in expat
Beijing confirmed that a 59-year-old female expatriate who came to the city three months ago was carrying avian influenza H5N6, according to the municipal center for disease control and prevention's report on Tuesday.
The woman complained of symptoms on Aug 6. She reportedly contacted with dead poultry before she got sick and the poultry was not from Beijing, according to the authority.
"The disease is under control," the statement said, adding that people should take precautions before contacting poultry.
- China urges US to stop interfering in internal affairs
- Golden terraced field landscape attracts tourists
- Foreign ministry spokesperson urges understanding of Chinese people for business cooperation
- Violence dragging HK into 'chilly winter', says Lam
- Guangzhou-Kowloon train halts service
- One minute focus on Hong Kong